I love some tea, to the point where my teacup collection has reached epic proportions. As one of our wedding presents we got a gorgeous glass teapot and I've been meaning to use it since it arrived. Recently I got sent a 12 box sample pack from teapigs and I wanted to try it out with my new teapot.
I've not been a big tea experimenter, I know what I like and I tend to stick with it, earl grey, white tea, English breakfast, chamomile are all constant favourites of mine. The option though of having the chance to try twelve different sample packs of teas I'd never had before was fabulous though. Each little box contains two tea temples in each flavour!
I took my time and tested all of my teas, check out my instagram for brewing videos, and I found my favourites.
- Darjeeling Earl Grey- A really perfumed bold tea, I loved it, as an earl grey fan this one was really good quality. The tea temples were really full of flavour.
- Mao Feng Green Tea- A very light green tea, slightly perfumed.
- Tung Ting Oolong- This one had quite a punch , it really is between green and black, it had a sharp bite.
- Tummy Tonic Peppermint Leaves- I'm not a fan of mint teas, this one was a light and sweet peppermint.
- Chamomile Flowers- A lovely gentle chamomile, this is better quality than most chamomiles, the flowers add a gentler edge to the tea. I'm definitely repurchasing this.
- Yerba Mate- This is a really full on tea, its a bit bitter, I wasn't keen on it but my husband loved it, it also made a big difference to energy levels mid afternoon.
- Super Fruit- I loved this tea, I've never been a fruit tea drinker but this one has me converted. Watching the brewing was like a scene out of Dexter as the red flowed into the water, mesmerizing. Really full of bursting fruit, the bags smell amazing, blueberries and cranberries. I'm going to be checking out more of teapigs fruit teas and re ordering this tea in bulk. Highly recommend.
- Popcorn Tea- This is a really nutty tea, it's really potent. I wasn't a fan of this but my husband again loved it.
- Lemon and Ginger- A lovely flavoured tea, warm undertones, this is a really nice morning tea, especially those of you who start the day with warm lemon water.
- Liquorice and Mint- This is a sweet tea, a little too sweet for me but I can imagine those of you who have a sweet tooth it will be right up your street. Almost syrupy and minty.
- Rooibos- This is a very potent tea, I have to say I really enjoyed it, lovely red overtones.
- Pure Lemongrass Tea- A light and fresh infusion, I really liked it as a mid morning pick me up.
I have another sample pack to give away to a reader. If you want to win your own sample pack just leave me a comment below with your favourite tea!